Please, read these Guidelines before paper submission and make sure your paper comply with the requirements on the originality, scope and format.
DTGS’17 aims at the highest level of academic standards. We expect submissions that contain results of the original research based on scientific methods able to contribute to the global knowledge in the selected areas of inquiry.
In this regard, we welcome original, unpublished materials. Direct, word-for-word borrowings from the previous papers of the authors must not be more than 30 per cent. Authors should disclose if the paper has been previously presented or published before.
Papers must not contain any plagiarism; all citations and borrowings should be accompanied with references, quotation marks and other means of academic language.
All submissions undergo pre-review for originality and plagiarism. Detection of plagiarism leads to the paper’s exclusion from the conference program and proceedings at any stage the violation is found.
We welcome submissions that fall into the following topics:
- eSociety: social informatics, digital sociology, cyber activism;
- ePolity: politics, governance and civic participation in cyberspace;
- eFinance: new forms and methods of ICT-enabled financial behavior;
- eEconomy: digital economy and markets;
- eCity: urban environment and Smart City;
- eHealth: eHealth technologies and their social effects.
Types of Papers
Completed or ongoing work can be submitted as research papers or experience papers:
- Research papers – The papers that provide the results of complete or ongoing research, with proven or potential capability to advance the state of research in the field. Complete research papers are limited to 15 pages while ongoing research papers to 10 pages.
- Experience papers – The papers that describe completed or ongoing innovations in practice or policy of DGTS issues with proven or potential capability to advance the state of practice in the field including critical success factors and insights on the challenges encountered and how they were or are addressed. Complete experience papers are limited to 15 pages while ongoing experience papers to 10 pages.
This is a blind peer-reviewed conference. All papers having met the Academic Ethics Policy are to be reviewed by at least two Program Committee members (usually there are three reviews).
The papers are evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Relevance to Scope and Topics of DTGS’17
- Clearness and Topicality of Research Problem
- Research Question, Objective, Tasks and Hypotheses Specification
- Literature / Theory Usage
- Research Methodology Quality
- Empirical Data Collection and Processing
- Quality of Data Analysis
- Contribution to the Academic Field
- Writing and Structure of Content
General Format Requirements
To facilitate the process of Proceedings publication, we ask authors to strictly follow the template of the paper.
All papers should be prepared according to the Springer’s style of Computer Science Publications. The templates can be found here:
We kindly ask authors to use macros embodied into the templates to arrange the text according to the format.
Completed Research and Experience papers are limited to 12-15 pages, and Ongoing papers are limited to 9-10 pages, including all references.
All references should be arranged according to the following format.
DOI should be indicated whenever possible. It is more preferable to arrange the reference list in the alphabetical order.
Papers should be structured the way it represents the logic of the scientific research or experience presentations. Normally, there should be introduction, research problem / question, literature review / theory, methodology, data description and analysis, discussion of results and conclusion.
English is the language of the conference and all the submissions. Please use American English style of writing, and make sure your text does not contain typos, grammatical or spelling errors. Proofreading is recommended before final submission.
Step 1. Paper Preparation and Submission
- Before submission, make sure your paper meets the abovementioned requirements on originality, scope and format, including page limit;
- To guarantee the blind review process, please, exclude any signs of authorship from the text (names and other references to authorship).
- All papers should be submitted through DTGS Easy Chair Page by the second submission deadline (April 7, 2017).
Step 2. Peer-Review - One
- By the notification deadline (27 April 2017) all contributors will receive decisions upon peer-review.
- There are several types of decisions that can be made:
- ACCEPT: the paper is accepted as a full paper, with minor revisions (mainly connected with writing);
- accept: the paper is to be revised and resubmitted for the second round of review. Major revisions in the structure and methodology of the paper should be made.
- reject: the paper cannot be accepted unless the authors revise and resubmit the paper.
- REJECT: the paper is not accepted to the DTGS’17 program and Proceedings.
Step 4. Revision and Peer-Review – Two
- After receiving the results of the first review, authors are given time to address the reviewers’ comments and resubmit the papers into the Easy Chair System.
- Program Committee members will check all papers on meeting the recommendations in several days after the submission.
Step 5a. Presentation at the Conference – Full Papers
- All accepted full papers (ongoing and completed research) should be presented at one of the conference session. Papers will not be published unless at least one author of the paper attends the conference and presents the paper (see ATTEND page for detail).
- Make sure that you have registered and paid the conference fee before the conference starts.
Step 6. Camera – Ready Papers Submission and Post – Conference Proceedings
- Papers accepted to DTGS’17 will be published in a form of Post-Conference Proceedings.
- After the conference authors who have presented their papers will be given 10 days (Before July 3) to prepare the final version of the paper (a camera-ready paper).
- Camera-ready papers are uploaded into the Proceedings Section of DTGS’17 Easy Chair page.
- A copyright form should be signed and uploaded into the Easy Chair page as well.
- All papers undergo final revision by the Editorial Board, collected and sent to the Publisher. Proceedings are to be published in November-December, 2017.